New Applicant Instructions & FAQ
Use the CHS Online Employment Site to apply:
- Go Online. View the CHS employment site by going to: http://careers.comhs.org and click on Search Careers Now.
- Search for Jobs. Click on the Search Careers Now tab for current employment openings.
- Apply. Click on Click Here to Apply Online to apply for any job for which you meet the minimum qualifications. You may be asked several questions and will have the ability to add a resume, cover letter, or other supporting materials. You may be asked to complete a survey to gather additional information about you. The survey will take about 20 minutes to complete.
- Create a Profile. Create a profile that can be used to apply for a position. Enter a unique username and password of your choosing.
- Log In/Log Out. Log in using your username and password. Log out every time you leave the site.
- Manage Jobs. Check the status of all jobs for which you have applied, add additional documents, or withdraw your resume. Update and edit your profile at any time by using your username and password. Click on the Applicant History tab. This will provide you the status of all positions you have applied for.
- Receive Career Mail. Allows you to automatically receive new job openings.
Community Healthcare System is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in every aspect of the employment relationship and endeavors to afford all qualified persons equal employment opportunity under the law without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex or disability.
CHS Careers Online Offers These Advantages:
- Quicker Job Placements. Hiring managers can view applications/resumes and take action immediately.
- Up-to-date Information. Job postings are updated daily.
- Accessibility. CHS Careers Online is accessible to both job seekers and hiring managers from any computer with Internet access.
- Flexibility. Job seekers can submit additional documentation and answer questions electronically.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Can I apply directly to the hiring department?
A. No. The CHS Careers Online employment site is the central intake point for all open positions. Only job seekers who create a profile and submit a applications/resume online will be considered for employment.
Q. May I use more than one resume?
A. Yes. You can submit a new resume for each position that you apply for. The site will hold several versions of your resume and cover letter. These can later be attached to subsequent jobs you apply for and can be viewed by entering your username and password.
Q. Where can I view job postings and apply?
A. You can view job postings and apply on any computer with Internet access. Computer workstations are generally available at local libraries or unemployment offices.
Q. What materials will I need before I apply?
A. In addition to your resume, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, address, phone number, previous employment, and education, as well as contact information regarding your employment history and references. You may also submit supporting materials with your application in an electronic format such as MS Word or PDF.