Nursing at Community Healthcare System
Nurses at the hospitals of Community Healthcare System represent today's nursing profession at its best. Valued for their expertise, work ethic, compassion and commitment to caring, our award-winning nursing teams uphold the exceptional standards of care that have made Community Healthcare System one of the best in the nation.
Our nursing team plays an integral role in the development and implementation of our programs and services across the continuum of care. Nurses work as partners with medical staff; and a model of participative management engages the talents and expertise of every member of the healthcare team. This multi-disciplinary approach to care enriches the professional life of a nurse at Community Hospital in Munster; St. Catherine Hospital in East Chicago; and St. Mary Medical Center in Hobart.
Nurses working at Community Healthcare System can expect:
- a caring, friendly environment where teamwork is expected and encouraged throughout
- continuing educational opportunities to keep staff up-to-date with latest healthcare techniques and technologies
- evidence-based nursing and best practices established for best possible patient outcomes
- positive workplace where good ideas and professional contributions are recognized and rewarded
- system-wide commitment to providing the finest facilities and technology available for patient care
- shared commitment to excellence and highest standards of care from the leadership on down
- collaboration with universities and state agencies on patient care initiatives
- appreciation for a nurse's life experiences as well as professional expertise