| HOME |
Heart Failure Treatment
The Heart Failure Program offers support, treatment and education to improve the quality of life for heart failure patients. The program is designed to support your doctor's treatment plan and provide care on an outpatient basis, keep you out of the hospital.
Education is provided to hospitalized heart failure patients. The nurses conduct educational sessions with patients and families on how to manage heart failure.
Upon physician referral, the treatment center staff focuses on your medicine, diet, exercise and lifestyle changes to improve your heart health. Follow-up may include continued visits to the center, or a home telephone monitoring system.
The staff along with your physician will evaluate and monitor your condition through:
- Physical Exam
- Laboratory Tests
- Intravenous (IV) Medications to help lessen symptoms
- Oral Medication Therapy
- Impedance Cardiography Test (ICG), a noninvasive test to provide information about your heart's ability to deliver blood to the rest of your body.
Patient Family Education
The clinic staff will focus on medication, diet, exercise and positive lifestyle changes to improve the patient's heart health.
- Medication use and side effects
- Weight Management
- Symptom Identification and Management
- Exercise and Lifestyle Modification
- Support Group
A home telephone monitoring system of your weight and symptoms is available. This program enables our staff to monitor your progress and better predict how you are responding to treatment or quickly alter the physician if problems are developing. The program consists of a daily toll-free call to the monitoring system and answering a series of questions regarding your weight and symptoms. The staff evaluates your answers and follows up with you and your physician if problems are detected.
Miguel Gambetta, M.D., a board certified Cardiologist, with a special interest in Heart Failure, serves as the Medical Director. His role is to ensure that the Treatment Center provides high quality care and that the staff is up-to-date with the latest treatment protocols and procedures available for Heart Failure patients.
A board certified Nurse Practitioner, trained in Heart Failure, oversees the program:
- Assuring the quality of care delivered by the nursing team.
- Directing Outpatient, Inpatient, and Telemanagement Services.
- Coordinating follow up for patients and their families.
- Assuring coordination of services between the Treatment Center and the patient's physician through regular communication with the physician.
In addition to the Medical Director and Nurse Practitioner, the Center consists of:
- Specially trained registered nurses
- Patient Care Technician
To address the various needs of our heart failure patients, we also offer support and services from:
- Clinical Dieticians
- Social Workers