| HOME |
Community Hospital Fitness Pointe® is a medically based, 73,000 square-foot fitness center designed to help individuals achieve life-long health and fitness through innovative, quality programs, state of the art equipment and highly credentialed staff. Fitness Pointe's mission is to provide superior individualized health and fitness programs while upholding our friendly, personalized customer service. Fitness Pointe expands on the efforts of Community Hospital to improve the quality of life through disease prevention and health promotion. With dedicated facilities for outpatient cardiac and outpatient physical therapy, Fitness Pointe provides ongoing support as individuals move across the spectrum from illness to wellness.
Fitness Pointe is located approximately 2 miles south of Community Hospital.
9950 Calumet Avenue
Munster, IN 46321
Map and Directions
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 5AM-10PM
Saturday and Sunday 6AM-7PM
Holiday Hours of Operation
(Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day,
Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, 4th of July)
Weekday Holidays 5AM-12PM
Weekend Holidays 6AM-12PM
Please Note: Fitness Pointe is CLOSED on Christmas Day
Family Day (Members Only)
- Last Sunday of the Month
- Children/Grandchildren of Current, Active Members
- Family Day paperwork for children/grandchildren must be completed and approved prior to usage
- Family Day rules & policies apply
- Family Day Fact Sheet & Guidelines
Fitness Pointe Highlights
- Each new member participates in a Fitness Profile provided by the Fitness Assessments Department staff. Degreed fitness professionals conduct a medical history screening, a fitness assessment and design a personalized program to ensure the safest and most effective workout regime.
- State-of-the-art fitness equipment and programming are tailored to meet individual needs including, Fitlinxx, a computerized exercise tracking system.
- A variety of health programs, classes and screenings including weight management, relaxation and stress management, smoking cessation classes, gender specific strength training and more are offered throughout Community Healthcare System through the Wellness Department and described in the Take Care Calendar. All classes are available to the general public.
- Specialized programs and facilities for members at risk for chronic disease or for those who would benefit from rehabilitative care.
- Fitness Pointe's Personal Training program facilitated by degreed and/or certified fitness professionals helps clients begin, maintain, and progress with their health and fitness programs. Personal Training is available for Members AND Non-Members.
- COACH Small Group Training offers specialty fitness training in a small group, non-intimidating, motivational environment.
- Pilates Pointe Studio is Northwest Indiana's premier Pilates Pointe facility. This 'club within a club' provides individual, small group, training, as well as, membership packages for Fitness Pointe members AND non-members.
- A wide variety of Group Exercise Classes are available at Fitness Pointe.
- Group Exercise CLASS PASS program for NON-MEMBERS allows the community to enjoy exceptional group classes.
- Community initiatives in youth fitness: First and second grade students take part in Fit Trip, a 2-hour educational fitness field trip held at Fitness Pointe. Students learn about healthy lifestyles, nutrition, cardiovascular exercise, muscle toning and yoga.
- Kindergarten through second graders take part in the Fit Trip program, as part of our initiative to address childhood obesity in our community. This two hour interactive field trip is held at Fitness Pointe on Fridays (12-2pm) during the months of January - May.
Additional areas include Spa Pointe and Hair Studio, as well as, childcare.
Fitness Pointe offers state-of-the art cardiovascular equipment, including more than 20 treadmills, upright and recumbant bikes, Nusteps, elliptical cross trainers, stair climbers, and indoor rowers. In addition, there is also Cybex, Life Fitness, and Hammer Strength selectorized weight training equipment, and separate free weight areas. Fitness Pointe has an indoor/outdoor running/ walking track, ½ basketball court for "shoot around play," and the FITLIXX integrated computerized workout tracking and motivation system.
- The 2400 square foot Group Exercise studio features floor to ceiling windows to allow for a naturally lit setting. A variety of classes fill the studio from low impact step, yoga, Pilates and flexibility classes to high intensity classes including weighted workouts, kickboxing and various cardiovascular classes.
- Specialized classes offered in the Boathouse Alcove featuring Concept II indoor rowing ergometers for individual use and group rowing classes.
- The Cycling Alcove features indoor cycles for group cycling classes.
- A 25-yard lap pool and 17-yard warm water therapy pool allow for individual aquatic exercise and/or group aqua classes. Classes include cardiovascular, toning, yoga, arthritis and pre/post natal classes.
- Spacious men's and women's locker rooms feature full-size oak lockers, towel service, amenities such as shampoo, soap, deodorant, hairspray, hairdryers and lotion, separate men's and women's saunas and steam rooms.
- The 1200 square foot Personal Training Studio features a variety of functional based equipment including Ground Zero Cable Machines, Resist-A-Balls, Bosu Balls, Pilates Allegro Reformers and Reebok Coreboards. Free weights, bars, and benches also line the room for the more traditional personal training workout.
- The Childcare Playroom is available for a nominal fee, for children and grandchildren of our members and all guests. In order to use these services, members or guests must remain in the facility. Children may be in the playroom for a maximum of 2 hours per visit. Childcare is available Monday-Friday 8AM-8PM and Saturday 8AM-1PM.