|Community Hospital Fitness Pointe Newsletter||
Monday, December 31st: 5am - Noon
Tuesday, January 1st: 5am - Noon
Child Care Hours:
Monday, December 31st: 8am - Noon
Tuesday, January 1st: 8am - Noon
Click the logos above to visit our website today!
NEW Member Information Sessions
You are cordially invited to attend one of these presentations to help you feel more comfortable as you begin your health and fitness program at Fitness Pointe.
Should you have questions please contact us.
New Member Information Sessions:
10:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Wednesday, January 09, 2013
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
6:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Tuesday, January 08, 2013
Wednesday, January 09, 2013
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
All Sessions Are Held in Classroom A - Located on the Upper Level.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
In Health & Fitness,
Fitness Pointe Staff
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING NEW & EXCITING IN 2013??
TRY ONE OF OUR COACH PROGRAMS
The 8-week COACH program provides a small group training experience in specialty areas.
COACH Session #1 begins: Sunday, January 13th.
Registration begins: Sunday, January 6th at the Fitness Desk.
Click on the links below to see the calendar and class descriptions (they may take a minute to load)
2013 COACH Session 1 Calendar
COACH Class Descriptions
Personal Trainer Spot Light
*B.A. in Dance
*Certified Pilates Instructor
*Personal Trainer since 2007
Training Philosophy: I think anyone can achieve good health and wellness, if you are dedicated and strive to reach your ultimate goal while utilizing all resources available.
ZUMBA Song of the Month
|Fitness Pointe Don't Stop the Party|
|Exercise of the Month
|Fitness Pointe Pilates Side Double Leg Lift.mp4|
Group Exercise News
Recipe of the Month
Here's a version of chicken tortilla soup that's both super-easy and delicious. To make it even quicker, use crumbled baked tortilla chips in place of the homemade tortilla strips and skip Steps 1-2. Serve with vinegary coleslaw, lime wedges and hot sauce.
6 servings, about 1 1/3 cups each
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 8 corn tortillas, halved and thinly sliced
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 Anaheim or poblano peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (see Tip)
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Tips & Notes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread tortilla strips in an even layer on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake until browned and crispy, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add peppers and onion and cook, stirring, until the onion begins to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add chicken, broth, tomatoes and their juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in lime juice. Serve each portion topped with some of the baked tortilla strips, Cheddar and cilantro.
- Tip: To trim boneless, skinless chicken thighs, we like to use kitchen shears to snip the fat away from the meat.
Per serving: 288 calories;
12 g fat ( 4 g sat , 4 g mono );
56 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates;
20 g protein; 5 g fiber; 483 mg sodium;
404 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (40% daily value), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable,
2 lean meat, 1 fat