The Fitness Pointe Walkers Group kicked off March 12, 2012 with great success. The program is steadily gaining new members and growing in popularity. The Fitness Pointe Walkers Group meets once a week and covers various topics including walking stride, safe program progressions, as well as basic stretching.
The Walkers Group is a great way to meet new people and work on increasing distance and walks per week. It is not too late to join and walkers of all abilities are encouraged to participate. If you are interested in joining please attend one of the weekly meetings or if you'd just like to start walking, stop by the Fitness Desk to contact Kate Fairbarin or our Fitness Pointe Intern, John Baccino, for your 'get started walking log'.
Mondays and Wednesdays at 10am and 2pm
We look forward to seeing you at the next Fitness Pointe Walkers Group meeting!
|Medical Fitness Walk |
April 23-29, 2012
Get ready to lace up those walking shoes, put on that pedometer and walk, walk, walk.
Keep an eye out for more details on how you can participate in this National Walking challenge.
|Exercise of the Month |
|Pilates circle matwork|
|Personal Trainer Spotlight |
* BFA in dance from University of Illinois Champain, Urbana
* Zumba Certified
* Currently working on Personal Training Certification
* Currently completing Specialty Pilates Certification
* Pilates, Flexibility, creating long lean muscles and improving posture.
*Taught dance. group fitness for years and studied Alexander technique for posture improvement.
* I am experienced in Pilates and have a strong Yoga background.
* I believe in training the body in a wholistic way; working on strength while improving flexibility to create long lean muscles with a wide range of motion. Focusing on Fitness can improve all aspects of your life and it all starts with effective posture and learning how to move efficiently.