|Community Hospital Fitness Pointe Newsletter||Issue # 23|
Thursday, 11/24 Facility Hours: 5am - Noon
|Monday, October 31 -
Child Care Hours - 8am-2pm
SpaPointe Hours - 8am - 2pm
Tuesday, November 1 -
Happy 13th Anniversary Fitness Pointe
Coming Soon...Annual Holiday Sale
|American Diabetes Month|
American Diabetes Month is a time to raise awareness of diabetes prevention and control. In the United States, 24 million people are living with diabetes and 57 million more are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
|click to visit website|
Over time, if it's not controlled, type 2 diabetes can cause serious health problems like heart disease, stroke, and blindness. You may be at risk for type 2 diabetes if you:
- Are overweight
- Exercise less than 3 times a week
- Are over 45 years old
- Have high blood pressure or high cholesterol
- Are African American, Latino, American Indian, Alaska Native, Asian American or Pacific Islander
- Have a parent, brother, or sister with diabetes
You can do a lot to lower your chances of getting type 2 diabetes by:
- Eating healthy.
- Watching your weight.
- Being active.
- Controlling your blood pressure and cholesterol.