Thanks to loyal guests who refer friends and family, SpaPointe continues to grow and is excited to welcome two new members to its team...
Mira, Master Hair Stylist, comes to us with over 20 years of experience and is very excited to help people look their absolute best!
All hair services are 20% off with Mira until Dec. 31, 2012...so hurry and book your appointment for the Holidays before it's too late!
Peggy, a Senior Massage Therapist, has over 3 years of experience and will be performing massage at our off-site locations as well as in the spa on special occasions.
Click here to view our website
Recipe of the Month
Double Peanut Butter
From EatingWell: November/December 2009
These soft chocolate cookies have a big peanut flavor since they use peanut butter and peanut butter chips.
3 dozen cookies | Active Time: 1 hour | Total Time: 1 1/2 hours Ingredients
- 1 cup chunky natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup trans-fat-free peanut butter chips, such as Sunspire
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar (see Note)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat peanut butter, oil, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until the sugars are blended. Beat in eggs, yogurt and vanilla until combined.
- Whisk flour, cocoa, oats, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture until blended. (It will be sticky.) Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop or slightly rounded tablespoons of dough, place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Dip the bottom of a glass in water and then in turbinado sugar. Use the sugared glass to flatten the cookies slightly, leaving a thin layer of sugar on top, rewetting the glass as needed.
- Bake the cookies in batches until they are just set and the tops appear cracked, 8 to 10 minutes. (Do not overbake or they will be dry.) Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Per cookie : 115 Calories; 6 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 1 g Mono; 12 mg Cholesterol; 13 g Carbohydrates; 3 g Protein; 1 g Fiber; 102 mg Sodium; 33 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat