| HOME |
Class Pass Descriptions
- Balance Training 101 -25 minutes-This class introduces fundamental balance exercises for individuals who have never taken a balance class. Participants will work in stable and unstable postures to train their vestibular systems and enhance their balance.
- Bike & Tone -55 minutes-Using the upright stationary bikes, you will cycle for 40 minutes and tone up those muscles with light resistance equipment for an additional 15 minutes. Great total body workout! *Sign-up required at Fitness Desk.
- BOSU Body Balance -25 minutes-Balance and stability are key elements of a well-rounded total body workout. This class incorporates a series of exercises, using the BOSU trainer (domed ball), and functional, integrative movements to provide the missing link in your traditional workout program.
- Chair Dance-25 minutes-Enjoy a fun, total body exercise experience to music from a variety of decades while seated in a chair.
- Core & More-25 minutes-This intense workout targets all the muscles of the core (abdominals, back, hip and glutes).
- Cycle -55 minutes-Upright stationary bike workout. A great calorie burner and lower body muscle shaper class! *Sign-up required at Fitness Desk.
- Express Dance & Tone – 45 minutes – This fun and engaging class will combine Jazz, Ballet and Belly Dancing to not only provide overall physical activity but also to tone and firm the muscles without the bulk of lifting weights.
- F.L.Y.-Functional Living Yoga-45 minutes-Experience the beauty of yoga while seated then standing with chair for support. Learn to relax and enhance your body, breath and mind with Hatha Yoga and meditations. Class held in upstairs Classrooms. The last 20 minutes of class is devoted to balance stances and meditation.
- H.I.T.-55 minutes-High Intensity Training (HIT) classes provide both whole group and circuit formats. Exercises are performed with a high level of effort and intensity using techniques such as metabolic conditioning, interval training and the popular TABATA technique. This class targets cardiovascular and muscle conditioning.
- Meditation Yoga-55 minutes-A beginning Hatha Yoga class that promotes inner peace and balance through breath and meditation.
- Meditation Yoga II-55 minutes-This class is ideal for the Intermediate yoga participant.
- Pilates -55 minutes-Based on the theories of Joseph Pilates, this unique stretching and strengthening program will improve your alignment, coordination, strength and flexibility through specific mat work exercises that focus on abdominal control and pelvic stability. A Great way to add variety to your workouts! Anyone can do this.
- Pilates Plus-55 minutes-This class takes you to the next "core training" level by incorporating techniques to ensure proper body and spinal alignment. Exercises will move in progression and flexibility is integrated utilizing a variety of equipment.
- Pilates Sculpt-55minutes-The class expands upon the principles of beginner Pilates and progresses towards more advanced techniques while incorporating weights, balls and bands.
- PiYo -25 minutes-PiYo is a fun, challenging workout fusing Pilates and Yoga. In this class you will burn calories, strengthen muscles targeting the entire core/glutes/legs, work on balance, and get a great stretch!
- Restorative Yoga-55 minutes-This class uses props and postures to restore and heal the body/mind, as well as breath and body work to open areas such as the back, hips and shoulders. Bring 2 towels of your own and wear loose comfortable clothing.
- R.I.P.P.E.D.-55 minutes-This total body, high intensity plateau proof program utilizes free weights, resistance and body weight exercises. R.I.P.P.E.D. = Resistance, Intervals, Power, Plyometrics and Endurance.
- Totally Toned Arms-(T.T.Arms)-25 minutes-Participants will be sporting sleeker upper bodies this year. This class will provide exercises to firm and tone the Arms, Chest and Back.
- Virtual Cycle-Fitness Pointe is the proud home of Northwest Indiana's FIRST Virtual Cycle Studio. These workouts incorporate hills, valleys, racing, flat terrain and much more in a way never experienced before. Pre-registration at the Fitness Desk is required as seats are limited and attendance is taken at all virtual classes. Taller riders are encouraged to ride on the back row of bikes for the best view.
- Intro to Virtual Cycle-30 minutes. You will learn to 'indoor cycle' from set-up to intensity monitoring.
- Yoga-50 minutes-A beginning Hatha Yoga workout to enhance muscle and body control, conditioning, relaxation, breathing and all around well-being. The perfect mind/body workout.
- Yoga Flow-55 minutes-This class will begin and end with traditional yoga poses and will incorporate fluid yoga sequences for increased muscle tone. Participants will achieve peace of mind and spirit while receiving fitness benefits associated with this style of yoga.
- Yogilates -40 minutes-An exciting new style of yoga that integrates the techniques of Joseph Pilates with Hatha Yoga. Participants will discover how to use their breath, proper alignment and "hidden powerhouse" to achieve greater results.
- ZUMBA -Join the hottest dance workout craze in the comforts of your 'own' club. Our certified ZUMBA instructors will have you doing the salsa, cha-cha, meringue and much more to the driving Latin rhythms of ZUMBA.
- Aqua Bootcamp-55 minutes-This class provides both whole group and circuit formats. Exercises are performed with a high level of effort and intensity using interval training and the popular TABATA technique. This class targets cardiovascular and muscle conditioning while in an aquatic environment.
- Aqua Pilates-40 minutes-This warm water class is perfect for individuals with arthritis looking to improve their strength and flexibility using the water's buoyancy properties. Joseph Pilates techniques will be included for a well-rounded workout.
- Aqua II-55 minutes-These classes use a wide variety of class formats (aerobic to toning) with or without water equipment such as resistance cuffs, noodles, etc. and range from shallow to deep water.
- Aqua Tone-40 minutes-Water movement exercises combined with muscle toning and range of motion exercises for the perfect limited impact workout. This is a great class for those with joint limitations as well as those new to water exercise. This is a perfect place to start an exercise program or for those individuals transitioning from a rehab or therapy program.
- Deep Water-55 minutes-A GREAT non-impact aerobics class using water equipment (noodles, buoyancy belts, aqua cuffs). It is a perfect class for those with any joint limitations. Buoyancy belts provided. No swimming skills required.
- Flowlates -40 minutes-A simple exercise and relaxation program performed using a combination of deep breathing and slow movements of the arms, legs and torso. Pilates/Tai Chi principles will be implemented and adapted for the water.
- Gentle Joints-40 minutes-This warm water class is perfect for individuals looking to improve their strength and flexibility using the water's buoyancy properties. Class will incorporate Yoga principles.