| HOME |
Land Group Class Descriptions
Aerobic and Exercise Classes
- Balance Training 101-25 minutes-This class introduces fundamental balance exercises for individuals who have never taken a balance class. Participants will work in stable and unstable postures to train their vestibular systems and enhance their balance.
- Ballet Tone-25 minutes-This class taught by a dancer, will have you using the ballet barre and center floor to tone and firm (ballet slippers suggested).
- Belly Dance Tone-25 minutes-This fun and engaging class will have you shimmy and shake your way to a tight, firm mid-section. Belly dance belts provided.
- Better Bottoms-40 minutes-Looking to firm up your bottom this year? This class is perfect for you. A non-stop 40 minute bottoms only workout. Hips, Thighs, Buttocks, Calves and, of course, the Core will be targeted. Tuesday 5:00pm-25 minutes
- Boot Camp Kick-25 minutes-This high energy workout combines athletic skills and drills with cardio intervals for a total body workout.
- BOSU Body Balance-25 minutes-This class incorporates a series of exercises, using the BOSU trainer (domed ball) and functional integrative movements to provide the missing link in your traditional workout program.
- Chair Dance-25 minutes-Enjoy a fun, total body exercise experience to music from a variety of decades while seated in a chair.
- Core & More-40 minutes-This intense workout targets all the muscles of the core (abdominals, back, hip and glutes).
- Express Low-40 minutes-Following a brief warm-up there will be 20 minutes of easy to follow, fun-moving, low impact aerobic exercise. Perfect for the novice exerciser. CR graduate, therapy graduate or anyone looking for an easier workout.
- FIT4Core-Functional Integrated Training for the CORE-25 minutes-This class will target and aid in re-shaping the muscles of the abs, back, and hips. Class participants will use a variety of props (i.e. towels, bands, balls, etc) using Pilates and Core Training Movements to push, pull, bend, lift and rotate to achieve great results.
- H.I.T.-55 minutes-High Intensity Training (HIT) classes provide both whole group and circuit interval formats. Exercises are performed with a high level of effort and intensity to produce an increase in muscular strength and size.
- Mini Cardio-25 minutes-A fun intense cardio workout using the Track, Indoor Cycles and much more.
- R.I.P.P.E.D-55 minutes-This total body high intensity plateau proof program utilizes free weights, resistance and body weight exercises. You will experience exercise segments consisting of Resistance, Intervals, Power, Plyometrics and Endurance.
- Step-55 minutes-Interval/Circuit Step will incorporate basic step routines alternated with high intensity floor intervals or circuits (cardio and strength) using balls, bands and weights. Looking for a high energy, no-frills workout? This is it! Tuesday 5:30pm-25 minutes
- Total Body Toning-(T.B.T.)-55 minutes-This well rounded toning workout will strengthen the muscles of the upper, middle and lower body using bands, balls, tubing, weights and much more. Monday 8:30am-25 minutes
- Totally Toned Arms-(T.T.A.)-40 minutes-Participants will be sporting sleeker upper bodies this year. This class will provide 40 minutes of exercises to firm and tone the Arms, Chest and Back. Tuesday 4:00pm-25 minutes
- Weighted Workout-(W.W.O.)-55 minutes-The perfect total body strength and muscle-firming workout using 5-15+ hand held weights as well as additional resistance equipment like bands, tubing and bars (weights provided).
- ZUMBA-55 minutes-Join the hottest dance workout craze in the comforts of your 'own' club. Our certified ZUMBA instructors will have you doing the salsa, cha-cha and meringue to the driving Latin rhythms of Zumba. Express-40min./Mini-25 min.
Equipment Based Group Classes
Sign-up for equipment classes at Fitness Desk (downstairs)
- Intro to Virtual Cycle-30 minutes-If you have been 'shy' to take a full cycle class, this class is PERFECT for you. You will learn how to 'indoor cycle' from bike set up to intensity monitoring. A starter cycling workout for everyone.
- Bike & Tone-55 minutes-Using the upright stationary bikes, you will cycle for 40 minutes and tone up those muscles with light resistance equipment for an additional 15 minutes. Great total body workout! Sign up required at Fitness Desk.
- Cycle II-55 minutes-This class will offer a great total body workout. Sign up at Fitness Desk.
- Virtual Cycle-55 minutes-Fitness Pointe is the proud home of Northwest Indiana's FIRST Virtual Cycle Studio. These workouts incorporate hills, valleys, racing, flat terrain and much more in a way never experienced before. Pre-registration at the Fitness Desk is required as seats are limited and attendance is taken at all virtual classes. Taller riders are encouraged to ride in the back row.
- Functional Living Yoga-(F.L.Y.)-45 minutes-Experience the beauty of yoga and meditation while seated then standing with chair for support. Learn to relax and enhance your body, breath and mind with Hatha Yoga and meditation. Class held in upstairs Classrooms. The last 20 minutes of class is devoted to balance stances and meditation.
- Meditation Yoga-55 minutes-A Beginning Hatha Yoga class that promotes inner peace and balance through breath and meditation.
- Meditation Yoga II-55 minutes-Ideal for the Intermediate level participants.
- Pilates-55 minutes-Based on the theories of Joseph Pilates, this unique stretching and strengthening program will improve your alignment, coordination, strength and flexibility through specific mat work exercises that focus on abdominal control and pelvic stability.
- Pilates Plus-55 minutes-This class takes you to the next "core training" level by incorporating techniques to ensure proper body and spinal alignment. Exercises will move in progression and flexibility is integrated utilizing a variety of equipment.
- Pilates Sculpt-55 minutes-The class expands upon the principles of beginner Pilates and progresses towards more advanced techniques while incorporating weights, balls and bands into the Pilates work.
- PiYo-25 minutes-PiYo is a fun, challenging workout fusing Pilates and Yoga. In this class you will burn calories, strengthen muscles targeting the entire core/glutes/legs, work on balance, and get a great stretch!
- Restorative Yoga -55 minutes-This class will use props and postures to restore and heal the over stressed and distracted body/mind as well as breath and body work to open areas such as the back, hips and shoulders to help reduce stress and promote healing. Wear loose comfortable clothing and bring 2 towels of your own.
- Tai Chi-Advanced Form-25 minutes-Instructor approval needed for new participants.
- Tai Chi-Beginner Form-25 minutes-This class is a prerequisite to the advanced class. An ancient Chinese martial arts form of meditation that combines mental concentration, slow breathing and fluid movements to increase chi (life energy). *A new class will begin every 12 months, you may join at any time. Note: Instructor will not re-teach any previously taught forms.
- Yoga-50 minutes-A beginning Hatha Yoga workout to enhance muscle and body control, conditioning, relaxation, breathing and all around well-being. The perfect mind/body workout.
- Yoga Flow-55 minutes-This class will begin and end with traditional yoga poses and will incorporate fluid yoga sequences for increased muscle tone. Participants will achieve peace of mind and spirit while receiving fitness benefits associated with this style of yoga.
- Yogilates-Express-40 minutes-An exciting new style of yoga that integrates the techniques of Joseph Pilates with Hatha Yoga. Participants will discover how to use their breath, proper alignment and "hidden powerhouse" to achieve greater results.