| HOME |
Land Group Class Descriptions
Aerobic and Exercise Classes
- Balance Training 101 - 25 minutes – Fall prevention is a KEY training technique that should be included in all exercise programs for the mature adult. This class focuses on strengthening muscles, as well as improving the visual and vestibular systems to improve balance and stability with the goal of reducing the risk of falling.
- Better Bottoms – 40 minutes – Looking to firm up your bottom this year? This class is perfect for you. A non-stop exercise program targeting muscles for your lower half. Hips, Thighs, Buttocks, Calves and of course, the Core will be targeted. Tuesday 5:00pm=25 minutes
- Boot Camp Kick – 25 minutes – This high energy workout combines athletic skills and drills with cardio intervals for a total body workout.
- BOSU Body Balance – 25 minutes - Balance and stability are key elements of a well-rounded total body workout. This class incorporates a series of exercises, using the BOSU trainer (domed ball), and functional, integrative movements to provide the missing link in your traditional workout program.
- Chair Dance – 25 minutes- Enjoy a fun, total body exercise experience to music from a variety of decades while seated in a chair.
- Core & More This intense workout targets all the muscles of the core (abdominals, back, hip and glutes). Tuesday 10:30am = 25 minutes/Thursday 4:00pm = 25 minutes
- Dance & Tone – 45 minutes – This fun and engaging class will combine Jazz, Ballet and Belly Dancing to not only provide overall physical activity but also to tone and firm the muscles without the bulk of lifting weights.
- Express Low – 40 minutes – Following a brief warm-up you'll enjoy 20 minutes of easy to follow, fun-moving, low impact aerobic exercise. Perfect for the novice exerciser. CR graduate, therapy graduate or anyone looking for an easier cardio workout.
- H.I.T. – 55 minutes – High Intensity Training (HIT) classes provide both whole group and circuit formats. Exercises are performed with a high level of effort and intensity using techniques such as metabolic conditioning, interval training and the popular TABATA technique. This class targets cardiovascular and muscle conditioning.
- Mini Cardio – 25 minutes – A fun, intense cardio workout using a variety of styles and techniques.
- R.I.P.P.E.D – 55 minutes - This total body, high intensity, plateau proof program utilizes free weights, resistance and body weight exercises. R.I.P.P.E.D = Resistance, Intervals, Power, Plyometrics and Endurance.
- Step – 55 minutes – This class incorporates basic step routines alternated with high intensity floor intervals or circuits (cardio and strength) using balls, bands and weights. Looking for a high energy, no-frills workout.
- Total Body Toning (T.B.T.) – 25 minutes – This well rounded toning workout will strengthen the muscles of the upper, middle and lower body using bands, balls, tubing, weights and much more.
- Totally Toned Arms (T.T.A.) - 25 minutes – Participants will be sporting sleeker upper bodies this year. This class will provide a variety of exercises to firm and tone the arms, chest and back.
- Turbo-Kick - 55 minutes - Turbo Kick will provide participants a safe, effective, and fun cardiovascular workout that utilizes kickboxing, boxing, and hip hop style moves with constant upbeat aerobic movements.
- Upper Body Blast (U.B.B.) – This upper body muscle conditioning class targets the abs, back, shoulders, biceps and triceps utilizing compound, interval and TABATA techniques.
- Weighted Workout (W.W.O.) – 55 minutes – The perfect total body strength and muscle-firming workout uses 5-15+ hand held weights, as well as additional resistance equipment like bands, tubing and bars (weights provided).
- ZUMBA – Join the hottest dance workout craze in the comforts of your 'own' club. Our certified ZUMBA instructors will have you doing the salsa, cha-cha and meringue to the driving Latin rhythms of Zumba.
Equipment Based Group Classes
Sign-up for equipment classes at Fitness Desk (downstairs)
- Intro to Virtual Cycle – 30 minutes – If you have been 'shy' to take a full virtual cycle class, this class is PERFECT for you. You will learn how to 'indoor cycle' from bike set up to intensity monitoring while experiencing awesome scenic rides. A starter cycling workout for everyone.
- Bike & Tone – 55 minutes – Using the upright stationary bikes, you will cycle for 40 minutes and tone up those muscles with light resistance equipment for an additional 15 minutes. Great total body workout
- Cycle – 55 minutes – This class will offer a great total body workout on upright cycles
- Rhythm Ride – 55 minutes-From classic beats to today's hot grooves, this class brings rhythm to your ride. This class offers a hard core workout where the music matters. This ride is part party, part sweat fest and is as diverse as as the playlist.
- Treadmill Trekking – 40 minutes – Trekking is a treadmill-based cardio training class appropriate for both runners and walkers. It alternates between exciting speed and hill work interspersed with recovery periods. Fitness Desk. Tuesday 5:00pm & 6:00pm/Thursday 5:00pm & 6:00pm = 20 minutes. Meet at Fitness Desk.
- Virtual Cycle – 55 minutes - Fitness Pointe is the proud home of Northwest Indiana's FIRST Virtual Cycle Studio. These classes use a variety of scenic virtual DVD rides from Epic Planet.com.
- Functional Living Yoga (F.L.Y.) - 45 minutes – Experience the beauty of yoga and meditation while seated and standing with chair for support. Learn to relax and enhance your body, breath, and mind with Hatha Yoga and meditation. Class held in upstairs Classrooms. The last 20 minutes of class is devoted to balance stances and meditation.
- Hatha Blend – 50 minutes - A hybrid between several different styles of yoga incorporating strength, flexibility and alignment to create a challenging yet safe practice. This class includes a flow section linking one movement into the next focusing on strengthening your body as well as holding the poses to increase flexibility.
- Meditation Yoga – 55 minutes – A beginning Hatha Yoga class that promotes inner peace and balance through breath and meditation.
- Meditation Yoga II – 55 minutes – Same format as Meditation Yoga, geared to the intermediate level participant.
- Pilates – 55 minutes – Based on the theories of Joseph H. Pilates, this unique stretching and strengthening program will improve your alignment, coordination, strength, and flexibility through specific mat work exercises that focus on abdominal control and pelvic stability.
- Pilates Plus-55 minutes-This class takes you to the next "core training" level by incorporating techniques to ensure proper body and spinal alignment. Exercises will move in progression and flexibility is integrated.
- Pilates Sculpt – 55 minutes – This class expands upon the principles of beginner Pilates and progresses towards more advanced techniques while incorporating weights, balls and bands into the Pilates work.
- PiYo – 25 minutes - PiYo is a fun, challenging workout fusing Pilates and Yoga. In this class you will burn calories, strengthen muscles targeting the entire core/glutes/legs area, work on balance, and get a great stretch!
- Restorative Yoga – 55 minutes – This class uses props and postures to restore and heal the over stressed, distracted body/mind as well as breath and body work to open areas such as the back, hips and shoulders while reducing stress and promoting healing. Wear loose comfortable clothing and bring TWO towels of your own.
- Tai Chi-Advanced Form – 25 minutes – Instructor approval needed for new participants.
- Tai Chi-Beginner Form – 25 minutes – This class is a prerequisite to the advanced class. An ancient Chinese martial arts form of meditation that combines mental concentration, slow breathing, and fluid movements to increase chi (life energy). *A new class will begin every 12 months, you may join at any time (note: Instructor will not re-teach any previously taught forms).
- Yoga – 50 minutes – A beginning Hatha Yoga workout to enhance muscle and body control, conditioning, relaxation, breathing and all around well-being. The perfect mind/body workout.
- Yoga Flow – 55 minutes – This class will begin and end with traditional yoga poses and will incorporate fluid yoga sequences for increased muscle tone. Participants will achieve peace of mind and spirit while receiving fitness benefits associated with this style of yoga.
- Yogilates – Express – 40 minutes – An exciting new style of yoga that integrates the techniques of Joseph Pilates with Hatha Yoga. Participants will discover how to use their breath, proper alignment and "hidden powerhouse" to achieve greater results.