| HOME |
Community Hospital Fitness Pointe® offers Pre/Post Natal Aquacize for expecting and new mothers
Kate Arroyo, Collete Einloth, Jennifer Brooks and Trish Goodfellow prepare to get in the pool and begin their Pre/Post Natal Aquacize workout at The Community Hospital Fitness Pointe.
MUNSTER — Pre/Post Natal Aquacize, a medically based health fitness program for expecting and new mothers, is offered at Community Hospital Fitness Pointe® in Munster on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5 to 6 p.m. Participants can enroll at anytime as the class is ongoing.
The fee is $60 for 12 classes. It is free to Fitness Pointe members. A physician’s release is required.
Pre/Post Natal Aquacize is designed for expecting/new mothers to be able to continue their exercise during and after their pregnancy. The buoyancy of the water provides a gentler environment for exercising. Class includes water aerobic activities, held in the deep lane of the pool, with the use of buoyancy equipment combined with muscle toning and stretching exercises.
The program benefits include:
• Helps reduce backaches, constipation, bloating and swelling
• Gives participants energy and improves mood, posture, muscle tone, strength and endurance
• Helps participants sleep better
• Active women report fewer physical symptoms of pregnancy such as nausea, heartburn, leg craps and insomnia
• Active women may have a lower incidence of pregnancy induced hypertension
• May be a safe therapeutic approach to the prevention and treatment of gestational diabetes
• May decrease recuperation time from labor postpartum
• May decrease the incidence of depression and anxiety and increase self-esteem.
Pre/Post Natal Aquacize staff consists of degreed and/or nationally certified fitness professionals who have been specially trained to facilitate the program. Pre/Post Natal Aquacize focuses on the overall well being of the expecting/new mother and provides a safe, comfortable, non-intimidating, friendly environment.
To register for Pre/Post Natal Aquacize, call 219-836-3477 or toll free 866-836-3477. For information on additional programs offered through Community Hospital, visit www.comhs.org.