| HOME |
Physical Therapy -
Outpatient Centre St. John
Outpatient Physical Therapy Department located within the Community Hospital Fitness Pointe®, is a 4,600 square foot, state-of- the-art department featuring the latest in rehabilitation technology and equipment. It includes 6 private treatment rooms, 3 semi-private treatment booths, mobilization tables, Repex, Biodex isokinetic testing, treadmills, Biodex upper body ergometers, stationary bikes, NuStep, stairmaster, Body Master progressive resistance equipment and free weights.
The department at Fitness Pointe utilizes two pools for its Aquatic Physical Therapy Program. The 75 ft by 28 ft, 84 degree lap pool is used by our therapists for speedy rehabilitation of athletes. The 50 ft by 28 ft, 92 degree warm water therapy pool is used for patients with back pain, arthritis, neuromuscular dysfunction and orthpedic/sports injuries. The pool includes a hydraulic lift for special access needs and features a deep lane for non-weightbearing exercises.
Outpatient Physical Therapy is also offered at the Community Hospital Outpatient Centre in St. John at 9660 Wicker Avenue, St. John. The outpatient physical therapy department features private treatment rooms and the latest in rehabilitation technology equipment including mobilization tables, stationary bikes, Nustep, treadmills, upper body ergometers, elliptical, Biodex resistance equipment, Total Gym, cable columns and free weights under the guidance and supervision of highly trained physical therapists.
Our physical therapists are graduates of accredited physical therapy programs and are licensed by the state of Indiana. Many hold advanced Masters and Doctorate degrees in physical therapy as well as board certification of orthopedic physical therapy, certifications in mechanical diagnosis and treatment of the spine and specialties in strength and conditioning.
Our therapists aggressively pursue continuing education in a wide range of areas including spinal disorders, shoulder and knee injuries, sports medicine injuries and total joint replacements.
All of the therapists on staff participate in the hospital's speakers' bureau and regularly present topics on prevention with our hospital's physicians.
Your physical therapist will:
- Perform a complete initial physical therapy evaluation upon your physician's referral.
- Perform special tests to identify the basis for your movement problems.
- Develop an individualized treatment plan of care to address your specific functional goals.
- The same therapist will treat you from evaluation through discharge to ensure your best possible functional outcomes.
Meet the Outpatient Physical Therapy Staff at
Community Hospital Outpatient Centre, St. John
- Dr. Suzanna Clark, DPT- Clinical Specialist
- 2001 Doctor of Physical Therapy Northwestern University
- BS Kinesiology Indiana University
- 7 years experience
- Specialty: Orthopedics
- Manual therapy
- APTA clinical instructor certification
- Presentations: Fall Prevention, Managing Back Pain during Pregnancy, Back Care Tips for the Gardener, Prevention and Treatment of Neck and Low Back Pain
- Interests: running
- Jo Nueros, PT-Clinical Specialist
- 1993 Bachelors of Physical Therapy, De La Salle University, Philippines
- 15 years experience
- Specialty: Manual Therapy, Candidate for Women’s Health Program
- Presentations: Problem Knee, Incontinence
- Dr. Jayne Barsic, DPT- Clinical Specialist
- 2008 Doctor of Physical Therapy Simmons College
- 1982 BS Physical Therapy, Marquette University
- 28 years experience
- Certified Clinical Instructor, APTA
- Specialty: headache, neck pain, Leads a weekly Ball Exercise Class
Community Hospital Fitness Pointe®
Outpatient Physical Therapy
9950 Calumet Ave.
Munster, IN 46321
Hours of Operation
M-W-Th: 5:00 a.m.-7 p.m.
Tu-F: 5:00 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sat: 6:30 am-2 p.m.
Community Hospital Outpatient Centre
Outpatient Physical Therapy
9660 Wicker Ave.
St. John, IN 46373
Hours of Operation:
M-W-Th: 6:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Tu-F: 6:30 a.m.-5 p.m.