Community Healthcare System hosts 19th annual Critical Care Conference
The Community Healthcare System Education Department will present a prestigious conference for healthcare professionals on the topic of critical care nursing. This two-day conference offers contact hours for clinical professionals and features speakers from across the nation who bring exceptional insight into the topic and discussion of critical care nursing.
The conference will be Sept. 22-23 from 7:30 a.m. — 4 p.m. each day at the Avalon Manor, 3550 E. U.S. 30, Merrillville. Cost is $130 for both days, or $80 for one day, and includes lunch both days. Registration is required by calling Gina Harris at St. Mary Medical Center, 219-947-6347. Refunds for cancellations will not be issues after Sept. 15. Those with special dietary restrictions should discuss this at the time of registration.
The 19th Annual Critical Care Conference seeks to provide healthcare professionals with pertinent information regarding critical care nursing, strengthen the knowledge base related to the clinical advances in critical care nursing, and promote professional networking within the nursing profession and clinical support areas. Clinical professionals may earn 6.3 contact hours on day one, and 6.9 on day two.
Topics for the conference include: ventilator associated pneumonia, early detection of congestive heart failure, innovations in pacemaker technology, management of acute renal failure and CRRT, deep vein thrombosis and prophylaxis, end of life issues, individualizing acute pain management to optimize patient outcomes, interventional patient hygiene, insulin therapy made easy and caring for the caregiver.
The faculty of this year’s conference is:
* Erica Rodriguez, R.N., BSN, Congestive Heart Failure Clinic, St. Francis Hospital,
Blue Island, IL
* Ilene Weintraub Yohay, M.D., Endocrinologist in private practice, Olympia Fields, IL
* Arthur P. Wheeler, M.D., Associate Professor of Medicine at Vanderbilt University
School of Medicine, Nashville, Tenn.
* Mary Lou Sole, PhD, R.N., CCNS, FAAN, Professor of Nursing at University of
Central Florida, Orlando.
* Jack H. Ziegler, M.D., Internal Medicine Cardiology in private practice, Hobart, IN
* Susan Pendergrass, MSN, Med, APRN, BC, FNP, PC, Independent FNP in Columbia,
* Glenn Wurglitz, M.Div, Psy.D, Director of Behavioral Health Services, St. Catherine
Hospital, East Chicago, IN
* Kathy Doesburg, RN, Clinical Specialist, Roche Diagnostics
* Michael Alan Kraus, M.D., Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Department of
Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis
The conference is being made possible by education grants from Gambo Renal Products, Guidant, Medtronic, Ortho-McNeil, Phillips Medical System, Sage, Sanofi Aventis, Schering Plough, and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals.