| HOME |
Chest Pain Center
When heart attacks strike, every second counts. Recognizing the warning signs and responding to them immediately can make the difference between life and death. The Chest Pain Center is a unique facility specifically designed to stabilize and treat heart attack victims immediately, when the chances of recovering are the greatest. Our goal is to provide the most urgent and direct care possible to minimize heart damage and enhance the level of recovery.
A specialized cardiac emergency team is standing by 24 hours a day to administer the proper care the moment a patient with chest pain arrives. The latest, state-of-the-art equipment, medications and testing procedures are close at hand to stabilize and assess the patient's condition.
With a close link to our state-of-the-art Cardiovascular Service Center, heart patients have direct access to a variety of follow-up cardiac services, including:
- A full cardiac catheterization lab, offering balloon angioplasty, atherectomy and thrombolysis with blood clot dissolving drugs.
- Non-invasive diagnostic testing such as cardiac ultrasound, treadmill stress testing and nuclear images of the heart.
- Three-phase cardiac rehabilitation and pulmonary rehabilitation.
Signs of a Heart Attack
Don't ignore chest pain. Some of the typical warning signs of a heart attack MAY include (at various intensities, depending on the individual):
- Pressure or squeezing in the center of the chest
- Fainting or dizziness
- Pain spreading to the shoulders, arms, neck or jaw
- Deep heartburn or indigestion-like pain
- Nausea or shortness of breath
- Sudden abnormal sweating
If you or someone you know experiences any of these symptoms, come immediately to the Chest Pain Center, or call 911. While you're waiting, lie still, stay calm. Agitation can increase the likelihood of abnormal, life-threatening rhythms.