| HOME |
Emergency Department Services
In an emergency, a single second can affect an entire lifetime. That's why our facilities and medical professionals are equipped to handle all types of medical emergencies at a moment's notice, including multi-system trauma and industrial accidents. Treatment protocols are immediately established for each patient, combining the latest life-saving techniques and state-of-the-art technology, with maximum efficiency and consistency, to ensure swift delivery of the most effective emergency treatment.
Our top-notch medical staff is continuously trained and certified in the latest life-saving techniques and treatments for every emergency imaginable and includes:
- Physicians board-certified in Emergency Medicine
- Trauma nurses trained in ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- Mobile Intensive Care Nurses (MICN) with communications access to paramedics in the field
Our expert staff is supported by the most advanced emergency care equipment and facilities available:
- A complete Haz-Mat facility supported by a trained staff
- Full capabilities to handle the special needs of industrial accidents, with facilities such as our Emergency Hand Center
- Our expertise in Cardiovascular Services extends to emergency care through our Chest Pain Center
- Our Poisindex treatment provides correct treatment protocols for more than 10,000 poisonous substances and hazardous exposure materials
- For severe burns, spinal or other injuries requiring tertiary care, we have established relationships with treatment centers like the University of Chicago, Northwestern University and Children's Memorial
We hope you NEVER need us. But our high-quality care and comfort is always there, just in case you do.