| HOME |
EMS Training Institute
Welcome to the EMS Training Institute!
The St. Mary Medical Center EMS Training Institute is an accredited Pre-hospital Emergency Medical Services Training Center based out of St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, Indiana. We are responsible for the initial training and subsequent skills development and maintenance of numerous EMS providers.
St. Mary Medical Center is JCAHO accredited. We are nationally certified as a Primary Stroke Center, Joint Center, and accredited as a Chest Pain Center, and are actively pursuing additional certifications and accreditations. St. Mary Medical Center is a nationally recognized teaching hospital that is the clinical site for medical students from Indiana University, nursing students from Purdue University, Valparaiso University, and Ivy Tech State College, radiology students from Indiana University, respiratory therapy students from Ivy Tech State College, and our own EMS Training Institute students.
Our Mission Statement
The St. Mary Medical Center EMS Training Institute will be the single leader in pre-hospital education in Northwest Indiana by providing high-quality, professional and patient-focused health care education that reflects the needs of our community.
In addition to providing the highest quality pre-hospital education available, St. Mary Medical Center EMS Training Institute places emphasis on personal and professional growth and development, integrity, and professionalism. We intend to prepare compassionate, clinically competent and technically proficient graduates through our programs. These goals will be accomplished by:
- Providing students with cognitive, psychomotor, and affective skills necessary to provide the highest quality care to patients in the pre-hospital setting
- Providing an environment conducive to learning and supporting the student
- Providing state-of-the-art equipment for students to learn, practice and perfect their skills and knowledge
- Provide students multiple small group sessions, simulations, skills practice and one-on-one training during didactic instruction
- Providing the necessary support and/or guidance including counseling, remediation and tutoring
- Providing access to a wide variety of clinical experiences through affiliation agreements for clinical internships and field rotations
- Providing passionate faculty that have expertise in pre-hospital care and emergency medical services
Dr. John Mulligan
Dr. Dan Kowalzyk
EMS Clinical Educator
Jeffrey Lawley, Jr
We are located in the Outpatient Rehabilitation building at 320 West 61st Avenue, Hobart, Indiana, 46342. The building is just across from the main hospital, west entrance. Fax number (219) 947-6119.