| HOME |
Since 1973, St. Mary Medical Center has met the healthcare needs of the Northwest Indiana community, having started through the ministry of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ. This order of Ancilla Domini sisters began their ministry in Lake County when they came to Mercy Hospital in Gary in 1913. The sisters continue their mission here today, at St. Mary and throughout Lake County.
In 2001, St. Mary became part of Community Healthcare System, comprised of St. Mary Medical Center in Hobart, St. Catherine Hospital in East Chicago, and Community Hospital in Munster. St. Mary remains dedicated to its Roman Catholic tradition. It is our goal to be the premier hospital system in Indiana. Our dedication to this end is evident in the caring spirit of our staff, coupled with the best facilities and technologies we can offer our patients and their families. In 2004, St. Mary expanded with a new $40 million Patient Tower offering comfortable, private rooms and advanced bedside technology to provide patients of Northwest Indiana the finest health care available today.