We offer a comprehensive range of diagnostic and treatment techniques and technologies available at our hospitals. Many of them include:
- Bronchial thermoplasty
- Pulmonary function laboratories located in Munster, East Chicago, Hobart and Valparaiso
- Alpha 1 anti-trypsin deficiency testing
- Methacholine Challenge Testing for asthma
- Pulmonary Stress Test
- Radiology services including PET, CT scan and nuclear medicine
- Analysis of arterial blood gasses and carboxyhemoglobin analysis
- Indirect Calorimetry
Our advanced bronchoscopy diagnostics, include:
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) is a bronchoscope is fitted with an ultrasound transducer at its tip that is passed down into the windpipe. This is done with numbing medicine (local anesthesia) and light sedation. The transducer can be pointed in different directions to look at lymph nodes and other structures in the mediastinum (the area between the lungs). A hollow needle can be passed through the bronchoscope to get biopsy samples of lymph nodes or other abnormal areas. The samples are then sent to a lab to be looked at under a microscope.
- Electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy (ENB). This advanced technology extends the reach of the conventional bronchoscope for minimally invasive access to lesions deep in the lungs. Our "Super Dimension" and SpiNDrive® navigational bronchoscopy technologies allow physicians to access the outermost areas of the lung while minimizing the invasiveness and recovery time needed for a surgical diagnostic procedure.