Accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, the Sleep Diagnostics Centers of Community Healthcare System can help you manage or end disruptive sleep behaviors. Our board-certified sleep experts specialize in assessing both respiratory and non-respiratory sleep disorders in adults and children.
We are staffed and well equipped to diagnose and treat a range of sleep disorders, including:
- Sleep apnea: A disorder in which a person stops breathing momentarily during sleep. This is caused by a closure or collapse of tissues in the throat that prevents airflow through the nose.
- Restless legs syndrome: A creeping, “crawling” sensation in the legs that causes an irresistible urge to move and may lead to sleep disruption.
- Circadian rhythm disorders: This includes delayed and advanced sleep phase syndromes, irregular sleep-wake patterns, shift work disorder, and jet lag.
- Narcolepsy: A neurological disorder that causes periods of extreme sleepiness and is associated with cataplexy (sudden attacks of muscle weakness triggered by a strong emotion such crying or laughing).
- Parasomnias: This includes confusional arousals, leg cramps, nightmares, acting out dreams, periodic and rhythmic movement disorders, sleep starts, sleep talking, sleep terrors, sleepwalking, and REM behavior disorder.
- Periodic limb movement disorder: A disorder involves frequent leg movements and leg jerks during sleep, which may cause awakenings throughout the night.
If you struggle with sleep disorders, count on us to help you get the treatment—and rest—you need.
Scheduling a Sleep Evaluation
Your physician can set up an appointment for a sleep study (PSG) or you can call one of our sleep diagnostics centers for a referral. We’ll forward your sleep study findings to the referring physician upon interpretation. Get in touch with one of our sleep diagnostic center below to get started:
Community Hospital Sleep Diagnostics
10110 Donald Powers Drive
Munster, IN 46321
St. Catherine Hospital Sleep Diagnostics
4321 Fir Street
East Chicago, IN 46312
St. Mary Medical Center Sleep Diagnostics
1500 S. Lake Park Avenue
Hobart, IN 46342