Physical wellness can play a critical role in preventing a stroke. The American Heart Association’s Life’s Simple 7 is a good starting point for learning how to prevent a stroke and developing a health-conscious lifestyle. In the case of acute ischemic stroke, aspirin, warfarin, heparin and other blood thinners may be used to treat blood clots that may cause stroke.
Get the Resources You Need
- Check out our neuroscience services to learn more about the neurologists and neurosurgeons involved in our stroke program.
- Learn more about Comprehensive Stroke Centers and Community Hospital's successful use of Mechanical Thrombectomies to significantly reduce the disability associated with stroke.
- To learn about our rehabilitation services, visit our Rehabilitation Center.
- Learn about Therapy Services offered for stroke patients.Stroke support groups are offered at various locations.
- Get details on the treatment of strokes in the US at http://www.stroke.org/