Robot-assisted surgery enables our surgeons to perform the most complex and delicate procedures with unmatched precision. Surgeries assisted by robots are:
- Less invasive
- Less painful
- Quicker recovery
- Statistically proven to have fewer complications
Our hospitals offer the most advanced da Vinci Xi® and Si® Surgical Systems. Using robotics in surgery offers many different benefits to our surgeons including:
- Single-site incision: The specialized instrument allows surgeons to operate through a small incision in the patient's belly button to remove the gallbladder or uterus, significantly reducing the chance of scarring.
- 3-D high-definition vision: Two stereoscopic high-definition cameras provide surgeons with a view of the surgical site that’s magnified by ten times.
- Additional arms: Multiple arms can be used to hold additional surgical tools, enabling the surgeon to have more operating capability.
- Instant image referencing: The surgeon can display several diagnostic images of the area being operated on (for example, CT scans taken prior to surgery) inside the monitor, directly alongside the view of the real-time procedure, providing an extra reference.
- Extra-mobile wrist action: da Vinci Si's patented mechanical wrists, called EndoWrists®, can hold a wide array of specialized instruments and function just like a human's but with even greater dexterity and range of motion.
- Scalability: The robot's arm can be calibrated to move a fraction of an inch for every inch the surgeon's hand moves—simplifying the most complex movements.
Robot-assisted Surgical Procedures:
A variety of surgical procedures may be enhanced by the use of robots. These include: Prostate cancer surgery
- Urologic applications
- Total or partial kidney removal
- Gallbladder removal
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Gynecologic laparoscopic procedures/General surgical procedures